Friday, January 4, 2013

What Does It All Mean?

A few months ago, my friend was feeling very depressed because of a break-up. It was her longest and most serious relationship, so it was expected that she would be sad. She had a diary, and she read this entry which was a list of why he hasn't texted her since the break-up. It was pretty funny, and since I know it helps her sort out her emotions through writing, I told her to create a blog. She listened to me, and now she writes it now and again.

That brings me to my URL. She is Australian. And she is sad. So I told her to name it "Feeling Down Under." Brilliant, I know. But does she listen? Obviously not. She instead names it "My Squire Made Me Do It." 'Squire' being our mutual friend/her roommate.  And I'm like "What? NO. 1) "Feeling Down Under" is amazing, why would you deny that? and 2) Your 'squire' did not make you do it, *I* made you do it. The fuck?"


Now, I named this blog "Not Since the Accident" because of some tumblr post I saw. I don't frequent the website, although I see it in the foreseeable future. It was just funny: "I feel you can finish any sentence with 'not since the accident.'" So there. Not as interesting as story.

So, I'm not sure why I felt the need to start a blog. I have had this want for a while to start a youtube channel, but I've been a mix of lazy and I don't want to use my poor quality web-cam. No one likes that. Not to mention I don't know how to edit for shit. But writing, yeah, people tell me I'm good at that. So, if I ever get the need to vent for whatever reason, I now have my own little corner of the internet. Will people read it? Maybe not. But who knows.

I was trying to decide if i should make a second entry after ^this one, but let's just make this one big thing. My name is Allegra, and I'm not photogenic. Not that I think I'm ugly or anything, I may even borderline on narcissistic, but I just think I can't take good photos to save my life. So the photo you see (at the time I am writing this) is from when I was 15. I am currently 18. But not much has changed I think, I still have the same hair style, it's only changed once or twice since, but yeah. I wear generally the same clothes, same weight, same amount of acne (if not more), and I've gotten a smidgen taller.

The purpose of this blog is.......I dunno? To find a purpose for this blog? I know some things I'd like to write about, and if I knew how to draw I'd exploit the crap out of that, but I don't, so I'm going to try and find funny pictures. But who knows. I guess I'll start out with describing me, then go from there. (A teenage girl blogging about herself SHOCKING NEW DEVELOPMENT ON THE INTERNET TODAY). But I digress.

Nice to meet you

1 comment:

  1. expression comes in many forms, do what you can/want with what you have and those that care will read and contribute.

    ReplyDelete